Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gearing Up

I am just giddy thinking of all the fun I am going to have at Southern Scrap Escape in June. I've already designated a project to work on that weekend, between classes and shopping and having a ball with friends, both new and old.

Speaking of new friends, one thing that always makes me a little nervous about attending a big event like this is not knowing people when I go. I am so excited for the chance to attend the various classes and get to meet other people with similar interests as me. I just need to make sure I try to connect with those around me.

One way we can connect is to leave comments on this blog. How fun would it be to get lunch together on Friday and meet in real life??? I've made a lot of friends on blogs just through commenting and having them comment back. If you do want to meet for lunch on Friday, make sure to leave a comment here...once I've picked a spot around campus to meet up...I want Raising Cane's, but I am not sure how far that is and I'd love to pick a place we can walk to.

Another way to connect and make new friends is to make sure to say hi to those around you at the convention. I know we are all grown ups here, but sometimes I think we forget the most basic of friendship making skills, the simple hellos and smiles as we pass each other. If you get to your class a few minutes early, introduce yourself to those around you and see if you hit it off.

Who knows, maybe your newest group of scrapbooking buddies will come from this convention and you don't even know it!

2 comments:

Scrapinkats said...

I agree! I have been meeting new people on my blog, facebook etc. A big world out there! I have been spreading the word in my store about the weekend! Trying to get my plans together...

slicksmoma said...

Dear Lynn
I received an email about your new Southern Scrap Escape. I was delighted to hear your dream is finally coming true.
I hope you all are blessed through your event as I have been blessed through. Are ya’ll going to allow shoppers?
I’m sorry I won’t be able to come this year but I have a prior commitment. Maybe I’ll see ya’ll at Scrap~N~on the River.
Sandra said to tell you & Randy Hello.
Sincerely,
Pam Frank / www.scrapnontheriver.com
Scrap~N~on the River
July 22, 23 & 24, 2010